Chapter 11 Work Outline
We are moving on to chapter 11 this week. This chapter focuses on an introduction to genetics and meiosis. The following is a work outline of the work that will be assigned as part of this chapter. Also all the worksheets that are listed in this outline are available for you to print from the folders on the website if you are not in class to get a copy from me.
Chapter 11 Vocab page 331 all four sections
11.1 12 key facts
11.1 Questions #1-3 page 312
11.2 12 key facts
11.2 Questions #1-3 page 318
11.3 10 Key facts
11.3 Questions #1-2
11.4 12 key facts
11.4 Questions #1-4
Drawing of Meiosis from pages 324-325 (Colored and Labeled)
Objectives 11.1, 11.2, 11.3, 11.4, vocab review
We will be doing our genetic coin toss babies in class as our lab
Quiz and Test
There will be at most 1 quick quiz for this chapter. It will be on basic punnett squares and double punnett squares. Dates for these will be given as we cover the material in class.
There will be a chapter test as well with an anticipated date of March 31st
Chapter 11 Objective Questions:
- Where does an organism get its unique characteristics?
- How are different forms of a gene distributed to offspring?
- How can we use probability to predict traits?
- How do alleles segregate when more then one gene is involved?
- What did Mendel contribute to our understanding of genetics today?
- Create and complete one single trait punnett square and one double trait.
- What are some exceptions to Mendel’s principles?
- How does the environment play a role in how genes determine traits?
- What events occur during each phase of meiosis?
- How is meiosis different from mitosis?