Chapter 10 Work Outline
This chapter begins our move into the cell division process. This is something you covered in Junior High but as with other topics we will be covering it in more detail. It is a relatively quick chapter overall. We will have at least one if not 2 quick quizzes early in the chapter to be sure you are all on the same page with the topic.
Vocab for chapter (page 299)
10-1 10 key facts; Page 278 Questions #1-2
10-2 12 Key facts; Page 284 Questions #1-4
10-3 12 key facts; Page 290 Questions #1-3
10-4 10 Key facts; Page 297 Questions #1-3
Worksheets: Objectives, 10-1, 10-2, 10-3, 10-4, Vocab review, Mitosis drawing and coloring.
No lab this chapter
Writing Assignment: Due Monday 3/10
Opinion Paper: Topic Stem Cells-Answer the following questions in a short paper:
What are stem cells? Where do scientists get stem cells for research? How are they used in science today? Are there laws that govern our use of them? How could stem cells help you or your family? Are the laws in the
You must attach a complete work cited for this paper. See me if you don’t know how to do this.
Test and Quiz: As I said in the introduction you will have 1 to 2 quick quizzes, and a chapter test. Anticipated dates Quick Quiz 1 this week and test no later then Monday 3/17.
Chapter 10 Objectives
· Explain the problems that growth causes for cells
· Describe how cell division solves the problem of cell growth
· Name the main events of the cell cycle
· Describe what happens during the phases of mitosis
· Identify a factor that can stop cells from growing
· Describe how the cell cycle is regulated
· Explain how cancer cells are different from other cells