Hi Webster families (Hola familias de Webster)
My name is Margarita Nieves Carvajal and I’m happy to be Webster Bilingual School Liaison. I have been in the educational field for 20 plus years the majority of them back in Puerto Rico between a teacher position and a School Director. You can see me now around the district…..
- Supporting family engagement
- Connecting families to local resources that fit the needs and ages of the families they serve; after school/summer camps/summer opportunities, scholarships, food pantries, fuel assistance, immigration support, and more.
- Attending school meetings
- Assisting with on site sibling registration (K-12)
- Supporting parent advocacy around understanding the school experience
- Touring perspective and incoming/rising families
- Daily communication with school counselors, administrators, students and families.
- Frequent communication with parents/guardians on behalf of the school (e.g. attendance and homework issues, available programs/services, etc.)
- In conjunction with counselors develop parent/guardian events.
- Conduct parent/guardian meetings as assigned for the purpose of gathering information and/or discussing needs and problems involving students and their families to open communication channels between parents and school.
- Assist with organizing and leading a variety of outreach programs for students and families and refer students and families to appropriate resources for the purpose of ensuring the needs of students and families are met.
- Collaborate Coordinating home visits and parents/guardian meetings with schools.
Please feel free to contact me:
Mrs. Margarita Nieves Carvajal, M. Ed
Main office: 508-943-0104 Ext: 40032(Thursdays and Fridays)
Bartlett High School : 508-943-8552 Ext. 32158 ( Monday)
Park Ave School: 508-943-4554 ( Tuesdays)
Webster Middle School: 508-943-1922 Ext.21108 (Wednesday)