Policy & Bus RoutesState statutes establish the responsibility of the School Committee to provide transportation services for students transported to and from home and school and to and from educational programs.
- Mass General Law and DESE Regulations require all children in grades kindergarten through six who reside more than two miles from the school they are entitled to attend and the nearest school bus stop is more than one mile from their residence are eligible for school transportation.
Exceptions to these guidelines may be made at the discretion of the Superintendent. This will apply particularly to any student who must travel in a hazardous area to and from school. These students will be transported regardless of the mileage limits listed. Student medical issues will also be considered.
- Webster Public Schools has determined that students will be eligible for transportation under the following conditions:
- Students Grades 5-12 residing more than one and one half miles from school.
- Students with special needs for whom transportation must be provided.
- Grades K - 4: All students at Park Ave Elementary School, regardless of distance.
- Bus routes are established under the direction of the Superintendent of Schools in cooperation with bus contractors so as an authorized bus stop is available within a reasonable walking distance of the home of every student entitled to transportation.
- Bus routes are structured so that the total time a student spends on the bus is minimal.
- Authorized bus stops are located at convenient intervals in places where students may be loaded and unloaded with the utmost safety allowed by road conditions.
2020-2021 Bus RoutesMASKS ARE REQUIRED FOR ALL STUDENTS RIDING THE BUSBus routes have been established using the most up-to-date information available.We will adjust routes and stops as needed once the school year begins.Thank you for your patience and understanding as we progress through the school year.
- Park Ave Elementary Bus Routes 2020-2021
- Webster Middle / Bartlett High Bus Routes 2020-2021
- Parochial Bus Routes 2020-2021
LEGAL REFS.: M.G.L. 40:5; 71:7a; 71:68; 7IB:5
CROSS REF.: EEA, Student Transportation Services
If you have any questions please contact:Monique Pierangeli
508-943-0104 Option 1